Volunteer Sign UpSamaritan Caregivers relies on volunteers to provide free help to people 65 and over still living at home in Howard County, Indiana.
A wide array of volunteer opportunities exist at Samaritan Caregivers and include the opportunity for occasional, temporary or ongoing time commitments in direct care to seniors and numerous related activities. Opportunities are available for individuals of any age, including children with adult supervision, families, service organizations, businesses, or other groups.
Samaritan Caregivers is only able to provide no-cost assistance to seniors because of the availability of local volunteers. With sufficient help, the organization can continue to meet the needs of the ever-increasing number of seniors who require assistance to remain in their own homes, promoting dignity, independence and quality of life.
Click here to enter the Volunteer Portal to sign up.
- respite for family caregivers - occasionally staying with a homebound person
- companionship - in person, by phone or from a pen-pal
- transportation - for appointments, shopping, banking, errands, etc.
- personal shopper - shop for a homebound person
- handyman - simple repairs and lawn mowing
InternshipsCollege or High School
- Chocolate Celebration
- Duck Derby
- Board of Directors
- Ad Hoc Committee Members
- Advisory Board
- Office Cleaning
- Office Maintenance
- Social Media