Volunteer Sign UpSamaritan Caregivers relies on volunteers to provide free help to people 65 and over still living at home in Howard County, Indiana.
A wide array of volunteer opportunities exist at Samaritan Caregivers and include the opportunity for occasional, temporary or ongoing time commitments in direct care to seniors and numerous related activities. Opportunities are available for individuals of any age, including children with adult supervision, families, service organizations, businesses, or other groups.
Samaritan Caregivers is only able to provide no-cost assistance to seniors because of the availability of local volunteers. With sufficient help, the organization can continue to meet the needs of the ever-increasing number of seniors who require assistance to remain in their own homes, promoting dignity, independence and quality of life.
Click here to enter the Volunteer Portal to sign up.
- companionship - in person, by phone or from a pen-pal
- transportation - for appointments, shopping, banking, errands, etc
- personal shopper - shop for a homebound person
- handyman - simple repairs and lawn mowing
- food pantry - obtain items at a local pantry for a client
- SHIP (State Health Insurance Assistance Program) - trained volunteers help seniors with Medicare questions and savings programs.
- M-Th, noon - 4 pm or as an occasional substitute
- College or High School
- Chocolate Celebration
- Board of Directors
- Ad Hoc Committee Members (Development/Marketing, Finance & Nominating)
- Advisory Council
- Office Maintenance
- Social Media
- Special Projects